Pages

Worst

Today I've had the worst day of travelling ever. I want to explain it, so everybody can share in my pain. I had to get from South London back home to the North East.

FIRST.

I had to wait 20 minutes for my bus to get from my flat to the Tube station.

I then arrived at Borough station, only to be told the elevators were broken (with people inside) so I had to drag my suitcase down 10000 stairs.

Once I got onto the tube, the driver told everybody there was a signal failure at the next station, so we would be sat waiting. (and because the elevators were broken, there was no easy way to get back out of the tube).

20 minutes later...

We slowly set off for London Bridge after a few tests of the emergency brakes.

At Bank, the driver had a torrent of abuse to hurl at a suit who was tapping his watch for being late.

By this time, I was 10 minutes away from missing my train home. :(

I then ran for the train, surely knocking a few slow moving tourists out of the way. I managed to catch the train, and I was looking forward to relaxing for a few hours.

HOWEVER

The train was totally packed out. There was nowhere to leave my suitcase, so I had to stand with it in the middle of the train; despite having a seat reservation.

Eventually, I found a place for my suitcase and went to find my seat; only to find a man and his wife sat in my spot. I politely asked them to move, but I was nearly impaled on their sharp gaze. I was then moved along by a rude rubbishman.

I then had to go back to my standing spot, after tuts from the women already sat down.

I was then told the train had to stop in York because of a 'coach malfunction' and I'd have to take a connecting train AND THEN a taxi for another hour.

Nearly 3 hours stood on a train which wasn't even the right destination.

Not a good day at all. But now I'm home, so it's all nice.

I'd just like to thank the delightfully helpful people I met on my journey. The Grand Central Train staff for being incredibly rude to a paying customer, the man sat in his INFORMATION box at York who blasted me for asking for INFORMATION; and of course the delightfully rude woman on the Cross Country service from York to Darlington who wouldn't help me with some basic information.

Phew.

Rant over. UNDERSTAND MY PAIN.

x